Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Surgery tomorrow

Hey everyone, 
We are in much better spirits this morning. My makeup made it all the way into the building this morning. Brent told our surgeon, "the nurse is here and she has questions." Nolan had a "boring" night. Just what we wanted. I even got a little extra sleep in myself. He will have surgery tomorrow. We have waited and waited for him to turn this all around on his own. It's just not happening. I had a rough day yesterday and I couldn't stop the tears, mainly because I just knew. Today I feel confident about this decision. Nolan can't stay the way he is right now so we have to fix him. That's just what it is. Surgery is not ideal for anyone and there are many risks. That's why we are going to pray as hard as we possibly can. The surgeon himself told us miracles happen and we may come in tomorrow and decide it's not necessary to operate. So of course we will continue to pray for that. If we do the surgery it will be tomorrow afternoon maybe 1 or 2ish. I will try to update. It will be a busy day. 

I also wanted to tell everyone something that I have learned while being here. God puts every single person in your life there for a reason. There have been people that have been complete angels to us that I thought I may never even see again. People that I worked with years ago and people that brent went to school with and I could go on and on. Also, the first thing Brent and I saw walking into the hospital was a sticker that said be still and know that I am God. Well, actually we saw a girl dressed as Cinderella first. But, anyways we pray for that miracle today and tonight and if that isn't in his plans we will pray for the surgery team and Nolan's strength and recovery. Thank you all again for the prayers. Keep them coming if you can. 
Joshua 1:9 

I'm ready to fix him up and take him home! I love that little face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment