Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Doing Well This Week!

Hey Everyone! Once my mom got here last Tuesday we tried to start a little routine. We have been getting up early and going for a walk and then spending the day out of the house! It helps the time pass. I was not so happy at first because I was so homesick. Everyone who knows me well knows I am definitely a homebody. This has been quite an adjustment but it is getting better. On Friday morning we went to the doctor to check on Baby Nolan. We had a biophysical profile (BPP). This is where he is scored based on his movements, breathing, and fluid levels. Nolan got the highest score possible right off the bat! He was breathing away. The nurse said he got the award for the most cooperative baby that morning. I loved that! Friday afternoon Brent and Hudson got here. I was so happy to see them both! We cooked out with my sweet cousins that night. Saturday morning Brent's mom and Granny got here with our nephew Jack. Jack and Hud are best friends they are 3 months apart. We took the boys to the Museum of Natural Sciences to see the reptile exhibit. It was really neat and definitely right up Hud's alley. I have to fill you all in on a funny story about Hudson and his little brother Nolan. When we told Hud we were going to have a baby we started to talking to him about names. He immediately told us that if we had a girl he wanted to name her kelsey and if it was a boy he wanted to name him cheese! Yes cheese! So when we found out we were having a boy he was instantly called "Cheese" by all of our family and friends! It has kind of stuck! Anyways, back to the weekend. We had a lot of fun and Sunday came too fast. Brent and Hudson packed up to head home. I was so sad. I wanted to go home too. But Mom made it back and we went walking and ate dinner with some of the other residents at the Ronald McDonald House. It has been nice getting to know the other people going through similar situations but its also scares me. I am just going to stay positive. Thats all we can do for now. Monday we got back to our routine and hung out with my cousin Kim and her cute babies Andi and Cooper. Today we had another appointment and did another BPP. Nolan got the highest score again! Lets hope he keeps it up! The doctor pointed out to us today that he has a little bit of hair! I was thrilled! I was slick bald until I was two years old so I am so excited about his hair! The rest of today we took it easy. We will go back to the doctor on Friday and hopefully we will get more info about his birthday then! Hope everyone has a great 4th!

Search for the Lord and for his strength; continually seek him. 1 Chronicles 16:11

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

3 comments:

  1. Ashley, I'm praying for you, baby Nolan, and the rest of your family. God is in control!! Stay strong! Love, Diane Burd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great weekend! Keeping you and your sweet family in our prayers! Love, The Brett Dixon Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Ashley, I am praying for you, Nolan, Brent and Hud, as well as your entire families. May God comfort you with great peace during this anxious time. I am praying for you and your family daily.
    Love, Laura Hackney

    ReplyDelete