Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Follow up appointment

Hey everyone! 
We had Nolan's follow up appointment on Wednesday. It wasn't so great. We were going to follow up on his blood pressure and oxygen saturations. His blood pressure was still high and oxygen sats as well. So disappointed! We had to do blood work to make sure his kidney function was good before we increased his blood pressure medicine. I despise blood work! It has to be done I completely understand that, but watching your baby be stuck just doesn't get easier! He isn't an easy stick so it ends up that Nolan cries, I cry, and brent gets all sweaty. We haven't been through six week shots yet but I'm sure that's just as bad! The good news is his lab work was fine so we increased the dose on his blood pressure medicine and lasix. The reason we needed to do this is most likely due to the fact that he gained so much weight. He gained almost a pound from Friday to Wednesday! He weighed ten pounds 2 ounces so that's really great. We will go back to Batson this Wednesday to follow up again. Please pray that his blood pressure and oxygen saturations are where they need to be. Nolan is definitely a champ so I think this follow up will be better! 
     Today is my 30th birthday! I've been joking about turning 30 with one of my best friends for the last 5 years! Truth is, it feels great. I feel like I'm right where I'm supposed to be and I'm thankful for my husband and my baby and our wonderful parents and all of our family. To celebrate, Brent took me to Lilos. It's one of our favorites and its where we celebrated our engagement/Brent's birthday a few years back. Last night was our first night out together since Nolan was born. It was so nice but we really missed him and didn't stay gone too long! When we got home he was in my moms lap acting like we never left! Ill post some pictures but Nolan cracks up. He is such a serious little fella. We get smiles but you have to catch him early or do some super sweet baby talk. Other than that he means business usually. Well, I've been a little long winded this time. Ill be sure to update on our follow up this Wednesday. Praying for a lower blood pressure and oxygen saturation. 
Joshua 1:9

Perfect end to our birthday date! My boys watching football 

This was the serious look I got when we got home 


I got a little smile though! 


Learning how to get his way really quick 

          He means business 

             Sweet sweet baby boy 

No comments:

Post a Comment