Pages

Friday, January 13, 2017

A week to remember


Hey Everyone! 
I have not blogged in quite some time. The app I was using was no longer functioning. I just now figured out a new one to be able to keep the same blog. Just in time for a special day. Today, 3 YEARS AGO, Nolan had his life saving corrective surgery. January 13, 2014. We were admitted on January 2nd. He had a heart cath on January 7th. Which led to a pulmonary hypertensive crisis and time in the PICU on the vent. He was positioned upside down in the bed with his legs elevated. Bless him. It was rough. But January 13th, we made the decision to do surgery. He was critical and very unstable. I kissed his head as brent and I watched them unhook him and then they asked us to step back. The anesthesiologist was practically on the bed with him. I will never forget her. She fought hard for him that day. I knew in my heart that couldn't possibly be my last kiss on that bald head. Hours and hours later, surrounded by family, the surgeon came out. It was 8 o'clock at night. He hugged us and congratulated us. Soon after that, that same sweet anesthesiologist rolled him through the PICU. She looked exhausted. I was able to kiss that bald head. The best kiss ever. That kiss count is probably well beyond the trillions now. I relive this week in history every year. I probably always will. I praise God for being there. I also look at my blog in disbelief that it was us. I look at Nolan and love him with all I have. We all do. He is so so very loved. We are still so thankful for all the prayers that were sent up on our behalf. He wouldn't be here without them. We asked and it was the Lord's will. Thank you. We pray for you too. It's the least we can do. 

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man has great power to prevail. James 5:16

We will do a little celebrating with La Cabana and going through the car wash! Nolan's favorites. He is doing very well. We go back to see our cardiologist in March. This is the longest we have been without seeing his doctor. He is doing great at Mothers Morning Out four days a week. He is growing and finally has somewhat of an appetite. Fingers crossed that I did not just ginx it! I will share pictures now. 
Thanks, 
Ashley 

Joshua 1:9

 
Nolan at MMO. He loves cars, trucks, planes, and boats. 
 
He gets super excited about the car wash. He is a goofy little guys sometimes. 
 
He was chase from paw patrol for Halloween. 
 
He loves these guys a whole bunch 
 
He enjoys playing with his friends 
 
He loves to watch Hudson play sports 
We had a wonderful Christmas 
 
 Pops and Nene took us on a family trip to Telluride Co to snow ski. Best Christmas gift ever!
 
He wanted to ride the one red Gondola all week. Super dad caught it for him ❤️
 

 
 
 
 
He and Hudson were the very best little travelers I've ever known. They were made for it ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment