Pages

Friday, June 27, 2014

Trucking right along

Hey everyone! 
Nolan has had two really good nights. Besides being sore, I think he feels pretty good. He enjoyed his wagon ride Wednesday! We are so proud of him. He was able to have his chest tubes removed this morning. That always makes him feel a lot better. Thank you for keeping him in your prayers! 

I wanted to mention that we have set up an endowment fund in Nolan's honor here at Batson! We are soooo excited about it. It was actually my uncle Mike's idea and he and my aunt went to the business office to get us started! We have met with the development office and gotten things rolling! The fund is named "Nolan's Neighbors" it will benefit children from our area (Bolivar and Sunflower county) who need help while here at Batsons Children's Heart Center. There have been two babies from Bolivar county besides Nolan to have heart surgery this month, which proves the need for this. We are beyond thrilled over the thought of helping others the way so many of you have helped us along this journey. Nolan will surely be proud of this in the future. With that being said, we will be taking donations in honor of Nolan's first birthday on July 24th! If it is something you are interested in you can contact me or brent on Facebook or you can email me ashleypentecost2@gmail.com. Or if you would like to contact the development officer Kitty Cook Ramsey @ 601-984-1492 or email kramsey@umc.edu. Thanks! 

Today, we need prayers that Nolan can be weaned off of his oxygen soon. We prefer to not go home on it. He is too busy to stay connected to a machine at home. He is doing great with the weaning so far. We should go home soon! 

Joshua 1:9
Laid back riding the wagon! 

Wednesdays ride/ first ride in September! He's a pro! 

Helping with his echo. He loves Mrs. Bri! 



Little burst of energy last night! 

2 comments:

  1. Nolan is so precious. I actually have always thought he and my son look a lot alike. Holt (my son) is almost 8 mos. old. :) I knew Brent living in Greenville throughout high school, so I've always kept up with Nolan's journey through your blog. I love reading his success stories! He is one strong adorable baby. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at my sweet man laid back!!!!! I'm so proud of him, he's done so well! Love you guys!!!! Keep on truckin Nolan!

    ReplyDelete