Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Headed home!

Hey Everyone! 
What a week this has been. We are day 8 post op and we are headed home! Praise The Lord! We spent six days in the pediatric ICU and 2 days on the cardiac floor at Batson. Brent and I stayed at the Ronald McDonald house while Nolan was in the PICU. It ended up being the same room we stayed in for the month before Nolan was born! I felt right at home. The surgeons,anesthesiologists, doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, social workers and everyone else involved could not have been better to us! We had a few rocky days with Nolan that scared us to death, but he is doing so well now. It's amazing how dramatic of a difference you can see in a sick baby from one day to the next. One week ago,I would have never imagined we would be going home today! I didn't even beg to stay (like I have in the past ha ha) we are going home with 4 meds and some oxygen. That's it! We can handle this for sure. I never imagined at 30 years old I would be sleeping in a crib, but it happened last night. We are all looking forward to home and our own beds tonight. Thanks everyone for praying for Nolan. Please continue to pray for him as he recovers at HOME! 
Joshua 1:9

Some of my friends from the summer on the babies who went home bulletin board at the Ronald McDonald house. Was so heart warming for me to get to see that! 

    Nolan and his daddy holding hands! 
     My first time to hold him in a week! 
His sweet nurse whitney made him an awesome rattle for the PICU where he couldn't have his own toys! We loved her even though he prefers maroon and white! He even slept with this rattle in his hand. 
          Trying to share his bottle! 

Nolan and I going to his room. He loves those wagon rides! So do we! 

             Baby boy headed home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment